16 new members welcomed
The Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences SATW has welcomed 15 full members and 1 corresponding member. These have a considerable performance record in technical sciences.
The SATW is a network of distinguished personalities from science and industry. Members may be elected to members who are particularly committed to the objectives of the SATW and / or the technical sciences. Corresponding members may be chosen by persons who are technically and scientifically active abroad. All members were elected by secret ballot under the leadership of the Nomination Committee.
For the year 2017, a total of 16 new members were elected, 15 of them full and one corresponding. These were solemnly welcomed at the SATW's Annual General Assembly on 9 May. The SATW now counts a total of 296 full and 27 corresponding members as well as 13 honorary members.
- Adrian Altenburger, Hochschule Luzern – Technik & Architektur
- Joachim Buhmann, ETH Zürich
- Alessandro Curioni, IBM Research
- Beat De Coi, ESPROS Photonics AG
- Hanspeter Fässler, Dätwyler Holding AG
- Markus Gross, ETH Zürich
- Rolf Ingold, Universität Freiburg
- Bruno Oberle, EPFL
- Hans Christian Öttinger, ETH Zürich
- Thierry Pun, Université de Genève
- Jürgen Schmidhuber, IDSIA
- Paul F. Seidler, IBM Research
- Stephanie Teufel, Universität Freiburg
- Hans Marcus Textor, ETH Zürich
- Christoph Weder, Universität Freiburg
- Zhanbing Ren, China